Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nepenthes ventricosa Problems

It keeps putting out new leaves, but they don't grow fast at all, like they did back when it was in the window, and one leaf grew all crinkly. I looked at the plant more closely and saw a lot of globs under the leaves. After posting on TerraForums.com, it sounds like that's just nectar, and the problem with it putting out tons of new leaves that don't develop is because it's too hot for the plant. It's probably partly due to my bad sleep schedule, and since it's wintry, I keep the heat on when I'm awake. So the days have been cooler than the nights. I'm an IDIOT.

Ah, at least I learned before I killed it.

Some pics:
Lots of new leaves that don't develop on N. ventricosa.
What I thought were eggs or something insect-related are hopefully just nectar.
Another shot of the nectar on N. ventricosa.
A weirdly formed leaf from too much heat on N. ventricosa.

No comments:

Post a Comment