Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Think I Killed My Cobra Lily

Darlingtonia californica, March 8, 2011.
I don't think I'll be trying my hand at these again. I guess it's because I missed some days of pouring new water over the top of the soil, even though it was sitting in water. Or because the LFS they ship them in isn't what it wants to sit in.

It was healthy and grew some while under my care; it looked like this not too long ago:

Darlingtonia californica, February 16, 2011, showing a new, healthy pitcher.
Darlingtonia californica, February 16, 2011, showing a baby pitcher starting to grow.

3 comments:

  1. I would bet that this poor fella was in trouble before you ever laid eyes on him.

    Who'd you buy from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lowe's. It grew some after I got 'im. Then I slacked off with top-watering with cold water a couple times a day. Too high-maintenance for me. If they can't survive with the only care I know how to give plants, I don't want 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if you couldn't tissue culture some of the remaining living stem cells and see what happens.

    #godimissbotany

    #engineeringmakesmedie

    ReplyDelete