Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Stray Seeds

It's been said that D. capensis is the weed of CPs. Well I found one growing in the darnedest place today.

Saran-covered plastic container I'm trying to grow sphagnum moss in.
A closer look:

D. capensis seedling growing in covered container.
Since the day I ground up the moss and covered it, it's been covered. I may have uncovered a few inches for a couple seconds just to add some more water. Those seeds get everywhere! In fact, I was peeping the dust on top of my light today when I saw D. capensis seeds.

D. capensis seeds in dust on the light fixture.
Close-up of D. capensis seeds in dust on light fixture.
Then I looked down a little:

Lots of D. capensis seeds in the lip along the light fixture.
I have no idea how they got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment