Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Nepenthes ventricosa

I repotted it, and the soil looks a lot better, but it holds a lot more water. I don't think Nepenthes like too much water, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the repotting and/or the winter made the tropical pitcher plant halt growth and all the pitchers turned black. I moved it from the glass block window to under my grow lights, and it picked up growth right away. The only bad part is that if it grows too much, it'll be hard to get out of its shelf.

From
My Nepenthes ventricosa in its old home in the glass block window.
to
My Nepenthes ventricosa in its new home under the lights.
Nepenthes don't like as much direct sunlight as VFTs and pitcher plants, so it's a shelf lower. I may need to adjust things so that I can get the plant out, because it barely bumps on the rack above it when I slide it out. It'll only get taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment